Wow. Recovery is um, hard from surgery. I'm exhausted, and for whatever reason, whenever I get down to the NICU, I'm practically falling asleep. I think I may be extending too much energy. I'm trying really hard to take it easy. This is hard for me.
Lucia is having some eating issues. She's having a lot of reflux, meaning she's spitting up a lot. We are trying to get her interested in breastfeeding, but so far it's been very challenging. She's not really interested. They are feeding her formula and when I can give some extra colostrum they give her that too, but they are not bottle feeding her. We're meeting with the lactation consultant tomorrow. We tried for today, but she was booked.
So since they can't get the eating thing cleared up, they want to keep her in the NICU another night. I'm bummed, but also so exhausted and partially relieved that she'll continue to get some nutrients.
3 comments:
xo.
Sweetie take the rest you can. You absolutely need it.
Big hug.
Hang in there.
Really, take it easy!
Post a Comment